For those of you building on the PhoneGap platform, we've created these instructions enabling your app for Xtify simple push notifications.
- Download PhoneGap and make a PhoneGap based application.
- Download Xtify iOS SDK v2.x.
- Create your Apple provisioning profile and generate your Xtify AppKey.
- Create a new XCode project, select PhoneGap based application and uncheck automatic reference counting.
- Drag and drop the Xtify library folder into the sample app, check the box to “Copy items into destinations group’s folder (if needed), select “Create groups for any added folders”.
- Click on your project name in the left navigation pane, select your target application, then select Build Phases, Link Binary with Libraries, and click “+” to add CoreTelephony.framework.
- Edit XtifyGlobal.h in the XtifyLib folder and enter your AppKey.
Edit your app delegate files to include Xtify methods. Here is an example based on the sample PhoneGap app.
- You should now be able to build your app, load it on your iOS device and test sending/receiving a push message. After your app is running on your phone, check the testing console and send a test message to your device. The push action will open your app.